Taking the Transfer Symposium on the Road:
Connecting with our Community College Partners
Friday, April 8 2016: 8 AM to 4 PM
You are invited to join us for a bus trip down the mountain to Caldwell Community College. This magic bus tour will introduce Appalachian faculty and staff to the important work being done at North Carolina's Community Colleges.
- Begin a relationship with faculty and staff in your academic area/department that will continue and grow to benefit our prospective transfer students
- Connect with colleagues from Caldwell Community College, our largest transfer partner
- Tour the Caldwell Community College facilities to see what life is like on a community college
- Gain an understanding of the education, support, and services our transfer students receive prior to transferring
- Hear directly from students intending to transfer
8:00am Leave ASU from Holmes Convocation Lot
9:30am Welcome: Overview of Community Colleges (both CCC&TI and NCCCS), Student Profile and More!
10:30am Informational Walking Tour of Campus
12:00pm Lunch (Sponsored by Caldwell Community College & ASU Academic Affairs) and Student Panel
1:30pm Roundtable Discussions (Choose 2 to attend): Student Development/Support; Curriculum Development; or Early College
3:00pm Leave to return to ASU
Register Now! Deadline to register: Friday, March 25th or once all the seats are filled (only 45 seats on the bus!).
Departmental teams/pairs are encouraged to attend together! Participants will be eligible to apply for funding to continue collaboration with our community college partners. Funding Details are available here!
Informational poster to share.
Sponsored by the Office of Transfer Services